Saturday, July 16, 2005

why am i blogging?

Who am I writing this to? Earlier I knew firmly not a living soul would read what I had written in the sacred sanctum of my diary, but I expect I always wrote with somebody in mind. The question is, whom do we write our diaries to? Whom do we have in mind when we cut out a line here; omit some incident ‘too special to share’? The one person we confide in? But I would never dream of letting my best friends see my diary! Maybe I’ll find my ‘soul mate’ when I can show my diary to that person, unedited.
But as for this blog, it’s for all of you (thanks for sticking it out till here, anyway). And if any of you think you might want to try for my hand by asking to see my diary (“can’t be much worse” psychology) then, well, don’t.
Today, when I was telling one of my [hundred] cousin sisters about my new blog, she went several shades of pale [slight exaggeration] and said “How could you tell some weird people all about your life, Ana?”(This particular sister keeps her own diary in a drawer under several layers of underclothing, last year’s history textbook, and sprays cloying perfume over the whole thing-don’t laugh, these are all tried and tested methods of keeping younger brothers away). I told her it was pretty much okay, because no one I knew was ever going to get their hands on my blog address, and that I didn’t really care about people like you [the patient person reading this] whom I’d never meet anyway. But as a parting warning, she asked me, what if some person I was bitching about (which is really the true purpose of a diary) saw that particular entry? Well, I don’t know about that, but anyone who reads this and then comes across something bad about them, please remember, I never meant to say anything like that, it was the heat of the moment, and forgive me (till next time).
Now before any movie starts, you’re kinda introduced to the main characters in it, which is what I’m not gonna do here-coz this is really for me and not you, and I already know my family and friends (duh) and you don’t need to know them. (Though you’ll probably get to know them if you read some more-just like you already know that I have loads of cousins and that one of them is secretive).
I guess I’d better sign off for now, another cousin’s calling me to lend her a book; so long for now!
Anasua (she who has no vice or fault, i.e. perfect).
P.S. you also know I have a huge Indian-style joint family (which is sometimes weird, but I love it anyway!)
P.P.S. you also know I have a propensity for italics, which I have to get rid of, like Anne.
P.P.P.S. why is it PPS and not PSS? Anyone majoring in Latin?
Ana.

7 comments:

raghu said...

hmn.. ps is post script
pps is post post script
i raed dis in lord of the rings..gandalfs lettr 2 frodo. right at the satrt..in the bar kinda place ver dey had 2 meet aragon.
ps:i forgot some statement i was supposed 2 make
pps:yes i rmbr.. aha..hw do u pronounce ur name?!?!?

new age scheherazade said...

it'a anaashwa..sort of..it's like brushing-everyone does it a bit differently.
you like lord of the rings? i like you more and more...!!

The New Age Superhero said...

oh thanks anaashwa fr helpng us out wid pronunciation.. evn i was tryin the same whn i first read ur birthday ka post! haan toh back 2 the post.. even i was scared 2 blog b4.. had hidden everythng from my offline friends.. thn i thot.. wat the hell.. its kinda like backstabbing u kno.. so now i invite thm all 2 read my stupid posts.. but ah well! thy never read em.. umm.. i can now bitch bout thm sans fear u see n thy do know bt thy dunt wanna kno.. so i guess its nt backbiting after all.. wat say? :P

raghu said...

ya "real"(tangible) frnds nvr read all dis.. its only 4 "virtual" ppl!
swear i hvta tell ppl raed it n giv em the link..only den dey read.. dat also think only skim thru.

raghu said...

vel im not sure i like lotr.. as i told u.. im starin all over again..i hvta read it again n decide if i like it.

new age scheherazade said...

you're so right..real friends just read it when you tell them to or when you bribe them saying the post's about them..works for me!

raghu said...

ya.. cos bloggers genrally like to read.. and write,btw u hvnt read my blog!?